Thursday 17 November 2016


Rapper M.I.A. accuses Beyoncé, Madonna and Rihanna of stealing her sound

British rapper M.I.A. believes a trio of pop heavyweights are stealing her music.

“I’m fine with Madonna or Beyoncé or Rihanna being inspired by my work, but I would like them to then go, ‘Yeah, this immigrant who came out of nowhere influenced us, so maybe not all of them are f--ing terrible,” she told Q magazine.

She continued: "They don’t even think like that. They go ‘Yeah, maybe me stealing the stuff says she’s all right. She should be thankful we’re stealing it.’ But sometimes you just think, ‘f--k, I have to pay some bills,’ you know?'”

The British rapper, born Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam, who is mostly known for her hit "Paper Planes” also suggested Bey had more assistance than most artists get.

Beyonce comes from the school of Michael Jackson-ness. Where the family built an entire world to support you, from when you were a child. I never had that luxury," the singer, whose parents immigrated to England from Sri Lanka, said.
Fans on social media immediately slammed the "Bad Girls" performer on Twitter.
"For all we know Beyoncé Rihanna and Madonna still think "M.I.A." means "missing in action," one wrote

Another added, "M.I.A gone end up MIA if she don't leave Beyoncé name out her mouth."

The 41-year-old fired back and labeled her critics racist.
“Industry offended I offended Beyonce, then spent 6 months telling me they can't market brown >LOLZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment